Friday, March 4, 2011

The Object of My Affection

My husband gave me this Breville coffee maker for Christmas one year, and I have an irrationally strong attachment to it. As in, I love it. I actually feel fondness and affection for an appliance in my kitchen.
It's just perfect. It's fast, the coffee is scalding hot, and since I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, the one cup feature is wonderful. But here's my dilemma. We are traveling in a few weeks for the boys' spring break, and I'm not sure I can do without it for a full 9 mornings. I shudder at the thought. A quick weekend away, sure, I can survive, and then our reunion is all the sweeter for having missed each other. But 9 mornings without my morning love?? I'm really not sure I can do it. (A quick shout out to my sister-in-law, who, knowing my coffee addiction, actually has a similar coffee maker tucked away in a closet that gets trotted out during our visits. Bless her.) So, I think it's going to have to come with us. I didn't save the original box, which means I'll be running out to the UPS store to buy a box and bubble wrap. My husband thinks this plan is the Pinnacle Of Crazy. I say he has only himself to blame.