Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Little Vacay

I always have such grand plans of cooking big elaborate meals whenever we are on vacation, figuring I'll have so much more time on my hands. I do things like bring my cooking magazines (3 of them, this trip), or my new cookbooks (only 1 this time), thinking I'll have all afternoon to flip through them, run to Whole Foods, and cook to my heart's content.

Whatever.

Our days are definitely more fun, but no less busy (or exhausting!). After a day packed of tennis lessons, pool, beach, and playgrounds, the last thing I want to do is cook. Not to mention DH (who, let's be honest, is the one really in the trenches when it comes to pool and beach play) has no intention of spending his vacation evenings doing the dishes.

So, in 2 short days, we have already managed to hit many of our Charleston favorites:
1) The world's best BBQ, according to DH, and the cheeseburgers are amazing (I should know. I make it my personal mission to find amazing cheeseburgers.)

2) Our absolute favorite butcher shop, with fabulous meat and prepared foods (I stock a whole cooler with chicken parmesan, ravioli, and meatballs to take home with us).

and

3) Our favorite place for seafood.


If you are ever visiting Charleston (or the surrounding area) and have the chance to hit any of these places, don't pass them up.