Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

I feel cheated. Summer is my favorite season, the time of year when we are supposed to be spending every free minute outside engaging in some sort of water activity - pool, beach, boat, water slides, sprinklers. Instead, we are all spending the afternoons inside in front of the TV, thanks to the Head Cold From Hell (cue the mothering guilt, but I am in survival mode). Aren't these things only supposed to hit in the wintertime? Holy smokes I've been miserable. (Of course the boys, who brought this thing home in the first place, had about 3 days of the sniffles and then they were over it, while DH and I have been completely taken down. Typical.)
***
While lying on the couch moaning about my aching head, aching throat, cough, and fever (this cold is apparently a better multi-tasker than even I am), I stared for a while at our bookshelves. And came to the realization I am a cookbook addict. Despite ruthlessly purging when we moved to this house 3 years ago, I am still the proud owner of 43 cookbooks. Is that excessive? It seems like it might be...but there are still at least 4 at Barnes & Noble right now that are on my wish list.
***
No recipe today, since my dinner tonight consisted of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and cold medicine. But I'm sharing my latest food discovery: BelGioioso's tiny fresh mozzarella balls (pearls, I think they're called on the package). These are WONDERFUL for using in pasta salads or on homemade pizza. Just the right size.