Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

WHEW. I have returned to the Land of the Living, and not a minute too soon. I woke up Saturday morning feeling human again, for the first time in 2 weeks, and we had a great holiday weekend. I can always tell how much fun we've had over the weekend by the state of our laundry room...right now it is strewn with beach towels, bathing suits, pitiful American flags, empty sunscreen bottles, and 2 coolers that need to be cleaned out. Must have been fun.

Now, though, back to reality. I am attempting to regain the upper hand with the laundry, mail, errands, exercise, and, most importantly, food. There's something about being sick that makes me abandon all attempts at feeding myself and my family balanced meals. We've pretty much been living on sandwiches, chips, and honey nut cheerios, with the occasional Chinese or pizza take out thrown in. Ugh. Not satisfying and not particularly healthy. My shorts are protesting today.

So here's the meal plan for the week, to get us back on track.

Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken, tortellini salad
Wednesday: Honey/soy glazed roasted salmon, brown rice, peas (this is a new salmon recipe for us, I'll post it if it turns out good)
Thursday: Spaghetti (whole wheat!) and meatballs, salad
Friday: Pizza night, and we're loading up on the veggies

Hope you all had a good Independence Day!