Friday, May 1, 2009

Beach Boys

Is there anything, anything cuter than little boys on the beach (other than little boys in pajamas)?? I think not. So I'm looking forward to tomorrow's adventure with my Attorney Mom friend. Since both of our husbands are working, we've gotten it into our heads that taking a preschooler, two toddlers, and a newborn to the beach would be a great way to spend the morning. And it will be. As soon as we're finished packing the car.

I started to make a list today of the things I want to remember to take with me (keep in mind, this is the first beach trip of the season - I'm out of practice!). So far, it looks like this:

Kid sunscreen
Mommy sunscreen
Bathing suits
Swim diapers
Regular diapers
Wipes
Ziplock bags
Dry clothes
Towels
Beach toys
Hats
Sunglasses
Crocs
Wallet
Blackberry
Camera
Apple juice
Diet coke
More diet coke
Goldfish crackers
Blueberries and strawberries
Sandwiches

Seriously, how am I going to get all of this stuff from the car to the actual beach, plus my two boys? I used to scoff at the people who practically had rolling luggage with them, wondering what you could POSSIBLY need besides a towel and a magazine. Oh, how little I knew...Lucky for me, Attorney Mom was also an Army Wife, so she has experience in major deployments. With her direction, we might just make it.

Happy weekend!