Monday, April 25, 2011

The Whole Tooth

If I needed confirmation that none of you are really paying attention to what I am saying, I got it with the complete lack of ridiculing e-mails, pointing out the utter idiocy of a statement I made 2 blog posts ago: "Readers, I will return when the chaos departs. Hopefully in a day or two. Stay tuned." Um, hello? I have two little boys. The chaos never departs. It just fluctuates.

DH and I finally, finally recovered from our colds and had planned a delicious Easter dinner. (And by that I mean I had planned a delicious Easter dinner. DH plans dinner about as often as I fly to the moon.)

But alas, our little one had other plans. He took a spill at the pool, and I learned the following lessons. (1) Mouths bleed. A lot. (2) Teeth are surprisingly fragile. (3) Doctors, dentists, and orthodontists on-call over Easter weekend are all happy to just see you in their house if you call them 15 minutes before they're about to eat their own Easter dinner, and it turns out you live in the same neighborhood. A whole new twist on house calls.

But as usual, I digress. My entire point, I think, is this: perhaps I am not cut out to be a food blogger. Our dinners tonight were entirely built upon what our neighbors and friends brought us: pizza for DH and our oldest, yogurt smoothies and chicken broth for the little one, and Matzo ball soup for me (OMG is there any better comfort food in the world? No.) All the blogging advice I've read says "blog every day" to build readership, but Lordy knows. It just ain't happening around here.

Time to get ready for the tooth fairy.