Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez...

...and I'll be rolling right along with them, I ate so much this past weekend. Ugh! Can we please call a halt to the skinny jeans trend and skip straight to the I-ate-my-way-through-vacation-jeans trend?
***
It appears that it is nearly impossible to have a bad meal in New Orleans. I say *nearly* only because, hypothetically speaking, if one is so intent on getting to Saks Fifth Avenue that one passess all the cute bistros on a five mile road and doesn't discover one is starving until one is actually in Saks, one might be forced to eat at "Cafe Sbarro." Hypothetically speaking, of course.
***
I forgot my camera. I could just absolutely kick myself for this, because the architecure and details of New Orleans are truly a feast for the eyes.
***
Here are some food lessons learned in New Orleans:
1) Everything is better with butter and garlic.
2) A perfect meal just might be lamb meatballs served with an eggplant and tomato sauce, topped with fresh provolone and arugula.
3) Or it might be the world's most perfectly prepared scallops.
4) Or red wine and crawfish risotto.
5) Or crawfish crepes (OMG. So frickin' good).
6) Or just about anything there.
7) Except Sbarro.