Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dress It Up

I try very hard to keep the amount of processed foods we eat to a minimum. But one area where I completely fall down on this is salad dressing. I've written before that I find myself totally unmotivated in the salad-making department to begin with, but then to add making the dressing on top of it...well, it just doesn't happen.


Until now. I may have found my Salad Salvation. This is a dressing that is so fresh, simple, and delicious that it might even motivate me to make more salads just so I can use it. My mom made this the other night for a salad of chopped iceberg lettuce, 3 ounces Romano cheese, and sliced grape tomatoes. It was perfect.

Ready?

Mix together 1 cup olive oil and the juice from one large lemon. Add salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and go from there).

Seriously, that's it. So insanely simple, even I might do it.