Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sometimes, You Just Need a Quickie

I posted a chicken sausage meatball recipe a few weeks ago (a few months ago?), and I've now made it so many times I have really perfected it. I've changed some things, and it's even easier and more delicious now.

Two tips - get good chicken sausage that has been well ground. I got a great chicken sausage from Fresh Market this past week that had fabulous flavor, but was only coarsely ground, so it was less meatball, more meatchunk. Not exactly what I was going for.

Here it is, new and improved:
1 pound chicken sausage, casings removed
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten

Combine all ingredients with your fingers until well blended. Shape into meatballs (I generally get about 16 meatballs). Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, drop into pasta sauce and simmer for another 15 minutes. So easy and so good!!!