Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shrooms

I have a confession to make. I just threw away all of my kids' Easter candy. Jelly beans, chocolate eggs, lollipops, even - gasp! - the last chocolate bunny. I was getting sort of sick of seeing it on the counter, and they haven't asked for any in a week now. Naturally, that means they will wake up wanting some and there will be a Meltdown Heard Around The World when they reaffirm what a Mean Mommy I really am. Brace yourselves.
***
I was all excited about making dinner tonight and blogging it, but (confession #2) it just didn't turn out that great. We were in Charleston last weekend for a wedding, and popped into our favorite butcher shop to pick up some of their amazing freshly made ravioli. I snagged the last of the mushroom ravioli and we had it tonight with a pea and prosciutto sauce. Meh. The combination was not that great. The mushrooms in the ravioli are so hearty and meaty that they really could have used a much more substantial sauce, and the prosciutto I picked up was not great quality - too much salt, too little flavor. All in all a bit of a disappointment. Well, now we know. (Did the fact that it wasn't that great stop me from eating every single last bite on my plate? No. Of course not.)
***
Happy Cinco de Mayo tomorrow! Share your recipes and meals!!