Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 4, Out the Door

Um, hello? Where did this week go? Here it is Thursday night, and I swear just a second ago it was last week. Labor day weekend totally threw me off, and this week has flown by (perhaps I should pretend I have another vacation coming up in a few weeks - that made time come to a screeching halt).

That means this post is too late to do anyone any good if you were hoping for dinner ideas for this week. Sorry. But now you've got a menu planned just in time for next week!

Here's what we did this week:

Sunday (a Labor day cookout, but since all of this can be made ahead of time, this is actually a great weeknight menu plan): Ribs, potato salad (since my sister-in-law and her family were visiting I made her mother's famous potato salad, but if it were a regular week I'd just do baked potatoes), green salad, watermelon

Monday: Shrimp stir fry (this was a new recipe for me and we loved it, I'll post it before too long)

Tuesday: I don't know what we did Tuesday. It was a blur. Seriously, I can't remember any details of that day, even though it was just 2 days ago. I'd be more concerned if only I could remember to be. My menu plan says we were supposed to have chicken burritos but I do feel fairly confident we didn't.

Wednesday: Lasagna, salad (another one that's easy to make ahead of time and just pop in the oven) (I have lots of lasagna recipes. One of our very favorite foods. I'll post these soon, as well. Wow, I'm feeling behind.)

Thursday: More lasagna. It's a big recipe. More salad.

Friday: Pizza night!
***
I am well behind on my posting. Stay tuned for more...