Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stuffed

My kitchen ate too much.

I don't really know how it happened, but all of a sudden it's overflowing. There's absolutely no good excuse, because I have lots of drawers, cabinet space, and two, yes, two, pantries. And yet I can't get to anything, because everything is stuffed completely full. We have crossed the line between a well stocked pantry and an overstocked one, and why I have 3 brownie pans when I make brownies only a couple times each year is completely beyond me. My favorite serving pieces are never used because they're wedged so deep into the cabinets, and I keep rebuying pantry staples because I can't see what I've already got in there. A total waste of time and energy, and of course money.

It's time for the great clean out. I do this periodically with the kids' toys - I go through it with a big basket and get rid of all the toys that are broken, missing pieces, or generally ignored. Time to do it with my own stuff...

***

No new recipe today, since last night DH was working so the boys and I had our standby comfort food - homemade mac and cheese (see above picture!), with apples and pears. Mmmm...