Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Clean It Up

I can't remember the last time I felt so disorganized, but I feel certain there was a newborn involved. We are back from a great holiday weekend trip to visit my sister-in-law and her family, and while we were gone my house apparently threw a little party and then didn't clean up after itself very well. Every single drawer, closet, and pantry seems to be bulging with stuff, half of which has apparently been outgrown or outdated.

What to tackle first? I get tired just thinking about it.

On the upside, since I have seemingly abandoned all grocery shopping and resorted to frantically calling my husband to get him to stop for milk and bread on the way home from work, our freezer is becoming wonderfully depleted. Over the past couple of months I have been freezing most of our leftovers, in anticipation of this crazy month. Such a kind thing to do for myself, because in the past 10 days we've gone through meatballs and tomato sauce, roasted vegetable soup, turkey tetrazinni, chicken noodle soup, and spinach ravioli. I've just checked the reserves, and we still have Italian wedding soup, tomato ragout, and lentil soup to get us through another week, at which point (surely, hopefully) life will have calmed down a bit, and I'll be back to grocery shopping and meal planning like a normal person.

Until then, happy eating y'all...