Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Menu for You

First, a request: I am in search of a really good banana bread recipe. I have one that is perfectly fine, and we all eat way too much of it, but it's not a wow-this-is-the-best-ever recipe. If you have one, please post it! Note: those recipes that include coconut, walnuts, or raisins need not apply. We go through bananas like crazy around here, but at least once each week I don't time the supply quite right, and I have 2 or 3 overripe ones that could be put to better use.

No recipes to share tonight (Because I am sitting on the couch. Which is here. And my recipe book is on the shelf. Which is there. And do you think I have the energy, after a weekend of parenting two crazy boys, to move from here to there and back to here? No.) Instead, I'm posting this week's menus, recipes to follow later in the week!

Monday: Pot roast. Yes, it's still too damn hot outside for this recipe. But I have all the ingredients, it gets me two nights worth of meals, it tends to itself while we are running around like the overscheduled maniacs we are, and we all love it.
Tuesday: Pan fried flounder, peas, rice.
Wednesday: DH working, leftover pot roast for the rest of us.
Thursday: Baked tortellini. And some sort of vegetable. If inspiration hits by then.
Friday: Homemade pizza.

Happy eating!