Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm Back!

We are back from a fabulous summer vacation and staggering under the massive amounts of mail, e-mail, and just general stuff that piled up while we were away. I am too tired to think, let alone type coherent sentences, so forgive the randomness of this post.
***
I didn't cook a single meal while on vacation. Not one. Unless you count toasting bagels as cooking a meal. The break was nice.
***
I did see the movie Julie & Julia. Great movie, amazing food shots, but also made having a food blog seem a bit silly. I spent half the movie wondering if Nora Ephron was making fun of me.
***
A quick and easy seafood recipe: take a tilapia fillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Wrap it gently with 2-3 thin slices of prosciutto, saute in a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes each side, depending on thickness. So good. (You may think that since you are wrapping it in salty prosciutto you don't need to salt it. You would be wrong).
***
Happy eating!