Sunday, August 16, 2009

Breakfast Bonanza

I know, I said the rest of the posts this month would be about getting dinner on the table 30 minutes after you walked through to door. But someone once said "write about what you know." And what I know is our breakfasts for this upcoming week.

With school starting this week and our morning timeline getting tighter, I've been thinking about breakfasts that are quick to make but still nutritious. I like my boys to have enough time to sit at the counter and eat a proper meal to make their transition from sleep to a busy day, something simple for just-waking-up little bodies, but hearty enough to get them through their active mornings.

I've blogged about waffles, smoothies, french toast, and cheese grits, but here are other breakfast ideas that are in our usual rotation:

Peanut butter on whole wheat toast
Fried egg sandwich (fried egg and a slice of cheddar cheese on whole wheat toast)
Breakfast burrito (scrambled egg and cheddar cheese wrapped in 1/2 of a flour tortilla)
Bagel with cream cheese
Raisin bread and cream cheese sandwiches
Oatmeal topped with an egg over easy

What did you have for breakfast this morning?