Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 2

We are now into week 2 of my six weeks of menus. All I have to say is - wow. What a nice thing to have already done with absolutely no thinking required. Every once in a while I'll remember a family favorite that didn't make the six week plan because I just didn't think of it while sitting there on the plane, so I'm jotting those down. If I'm lucky I'll get a 7th week, and stretch the time between repeats even a bit more.

Here is this week's plan:

Monday: Greek lasagna, Greek salad (Last time I made the lasagna I froze half of it, so this is already in the freezer waiting for me. Just need to make the salad - perfect for a Monday).
Tuesday: Grilled shrimp, baguette, and salad or tomato soup and grilled cheese (this week it will be grilled shrimp, of course!)
Wednesday: Apricot pork chops and green beans
Thursday: Chicken and black bean quesadillas, with whatever veggies come with our farmbox delivery. (If I have to drop a planned meal, which often happens as unexpected things pop up during the week, this is the meal that we'll skip)
Friday: Pizza night!

Happy eating!