Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Go-To Dinner, Part III?

Oh so tired tonight. I've already finished cleaning out the school bags and lunch boxes, I've duly entered all the upcoming events in the family calender, and I've put artwork on the bulletin board and laundry in the washing machine. I still have to ransack the house for a white pillowcase that can be used for an art project at school (seriously, we couldn't get more than 2 days notice for that one?), do some ironing, and make tomorrow's grocery list. This is why I should drink sweet tea at dinner, not wine...

Where was I going with all of this?

Not sure (did I mention I'm a bit tired?). But I did have a recipe I wanted to share. I got this from a friend of a friend years ago (Lissa - are you reading??), and have not made it in ages. I was actually on the phone with my husband this afternoon, telling him he was going to have to stop for something on the way home, when I came across some flounder in the freezer and remembered this recipe. It's ridiculously easy, and since flounder is so nice and thin it thaws quickly - no need to plan ahead for this one. I literally pulled it out of the freezer at 5:15 pm, and we were sitting down to dinner at 6.

Baked Flounder

6 flounder fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1 cup milk
Seasoned bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Place tinfoil on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. Dip flounder in milk, then coat in bread crumbs. Put on cookie sheet, sprinkle liberally with salt and less liberally with pepper (you don't want the fish to bite you back). Drizzle with butter. Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes, then broil for just a couple minutes more to give it a nice brown finish.

I serve this with rice and peas, and my kids LOVE it. Happy eating!